People say that eyes are the widows to you soul, but your eyebrows are the frame for your face. Though we don’t always appreciate our eyebrows as much as we appreciate other areas of our face, such as our eyes or our lips or even our nose, having sloppy or non-existent eyebrows may completely ruin your look. Below are some of the top eyebrow tips out there so you can be sure that your ‘brows are in tip-top shape:
How to Control your Eyebrows
Shaping the eyebrows is often a bit mystery to women. How do you know where to pluck or wax? Can you choose a shape or do my eyebrows already have a natural shape? Below are some simple steps you can use to help keep your eyebrows under control and looking fabulous:
- Start off by brushing your eyebrows straight up with either an eyebrow brush or your finger. If thee are any hairs that are too long, take a small pair of scissors and trim the hair so that it is the same length as the majority of the hair. The hair closest to the nose tends to be the longest.
- Now brush your eyebrows downwards and follow the same routine. If any eyebrows are too long, simply snip them with small, sharp scissors so that the hair is all one uniform length.
- After that, brush your brows into place and see if ay eyebrows are still too long. If so, snip them with the scissors.
- Brush your eyebrows up again, and you should notice a shape that you can trace through the thickest part of your eyebrows. Take your tweezers and tweeze away any of those stray hairs that aren’t attached to the shaped part of eyebrow. You will soon uncover your natural eyebrow shape!
How to Fill In Eyebrows
Filling in your eyebrows is something that you may need to do on a daily basis if you have lighter eyebrows, or if you have accidentally over plucked your eyebrows you will probably also want to fill them in. Here’s how:
- You first need to choose a pencil and powder that is the correct shade for your hair. Women with darker skin should use grey, those with olive skin should opt for a brown or tawny color, and women with a fair complexion should use a darker blonde shade.
- Take a mascara-like wand and brush your eyebrows downwards. Take our pencil and draw a thin line along the upper edge of the eyebrow so that the arch is defined.
- To add some additional fullness to your eyebrows, dust some eyeshadow onto the hairs with a slanted, stiff brush. Take care to use short and gentle strokes while applying the eyeshadow.
- If you happen to have eyebrows that have been over plucked, brush your hairs in the direction of the hair growth and fill in any noticeable patches with the eyebrow powder.
- To set the eyebrows, comb in a clear gel.